Preparing for Court
Be on Time. If you are late you may be subject to a finding of Contempt.
What to Bring to Court
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:
What to Wear
- Proper identification (driver's license, ID, passport)
- Your copy of the citation or complaint if you have received it
- Appearance letter and/or court documents
- Any receipts regarding your case (i.e., bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge's orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment (money, credit card, checkbook, debit card)
- Do not use nicknames or an alias. Use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case and ensure spelling on the documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
- Provide the court with your current address (physical and mailing) and your phone number
- Appropriate dress is required. No obscene slogans on clothing. No bellies, breasts or behinds showing. Shoes and shirts are required. Hats are not allowed in the courtroom. Cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off during court proceedings.
If you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court may issue a warrant for your arrest and you can be jailed and/or fined. For more information, comments, or questions contact us at (775) 754-6321.